Friday, June 15, 2007

My Poker Update

Since I last updated this poker blog, the first night I made a $3 profit after a fairly abismal couple of games. First of all I went down $25 at Absolute Poker before my PC crashed and bombed me out of the game. After that I played at Pokerstars when I was down $50 at one stage before winning a few hands and coming back to just above evens. Both games were $2/$4 limit games and I quite like playing at that level. There doesn't seem to be as many fish as there are at the $1/$2 tables and it makes for a more interesting game.

However, after not playing so well to finish up at all is a blessing. A Turbo tournament with Coral costing $5 + $0.50 didn't reap any rewards when I went out in 14th place. Only the top 5 were paid.

The weekend before last I went out in 238th place at a BetFred Texas Holdem tournament ($5+$0.50) when my three Queens didn't hold up to a King making a straight on the river card. I was playing ok before that as well. Oh well, that's poker! That night I also played a $15 Freezeout Tournament at BetFred Poker. 262 players. 111th place and also a $15 Freezeout Tournament at BetFred Poker. 250 players.230th place. Simply Hellish!!

Things looked up after that though. I tried a new poker rooms called Poker Host that run as part of the Microgaming Poker Network. I played in an invitational freeroll and actually managed to put out one of the bounty players making me $100. I came second overall and this earned me a qualification into a WSOP Main Event tournament this coming Monday night. The top 5 players will go to Las Vegas to play in the Big One! Can't see me getting anywhere but a slice of the $50,000 added cash would be nice!

An update on this after I've played it but I'm going to practice a little this weekend and hopefully get up to speed again. Overall taking all this into account, and thanks to the bounty, I've made a profit of $67.50.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?