Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sit'n'Go at Pokerstars

Pokerstars seems to be becoming a bit of a habit for me lately. Not that I've ever made any money there but I do like the frequency that their Sit'n'Goes start.

Here's a list of what I've played in the last few days and how I got on:

$3 + 0.40 NL Texas Hold'em 10 Players - 5th Place

Lost $13 playing a Limit table game of Texas Hold'em

$3 + 0.40 NL Texas Hold'em 10 Players - 4th Place
$3 + 0.40 NL Texas Hold'em 10 Players - 3th Place
$3 + 0.40 NL Texas Hold'em 10 Players - 4th Place

$6 + 0.50 NL Texas Hold'em 9 Players - 9th Place
$6 + 0.50 NL Texas Hold'em 9 Players - 4th Place

So I've lost another $33 but I feel I'm getting better in general at the game and my confidence is increasing when playing. My last game at Pokerstars was the best poker I've played in ages although the cards went against me near the end. I was chip leader for most of the time until my final few hands.

Comments:
I've found that nothing but solid poker gets me cashes more often than not in the SNG's. No bluffs, very very few semi-bluffs, and super-aggressive with good hands. I had a streak of 39 cashes in a row (25 first places) in the $6 + $.50 Turbo tourneys. (9/18 player) Had I not piddled it all away at the $2/$4 limit table, I'd have a nice balance!
 
And another thing......lol. I was just reading some of your previous posts.

I've been tracking since I started playing the solid tourney poker, as noted above, and found that I am only playing about 15-20% of hands, until it's short handed (3 players or less).

I also noticed that I do occasionally get tourneys where I the best hand I see in 50 is 10-J off. That, in fact, was the one that ended my cashing streak. After no hands, you almost can't help but go on tilt!

Lastly, I'm now sure (from an analysis of over 2000 hands)that PokerStars really *isn't* RiverStars. I don't get rivered any more frequently online than I do in live play. However, since I often play 3-4 times as many hands online (because the dealing is much faster), it *seems* that way. Just something to keep in mind.

Remember.....get your money in with the best hand, and you *will* win in the long term.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?