Wednesday, October 05, 2005

UK Poker - Back On

Played in the Roxy Poker Rooms today after a long break from playing my UK poker tour. I played at a $1/$2 table and started off by bringing $20 to the table.

It didn't last long and another $20 was added followed by another $10. I think it was the break from playing that did it, maybe playing too loosely and not getting my head into the poker playing mindset that comes with practice.

Anyway, another $30 to the table and my strategy had to change. I went back to playing the top ten starting poker hands only (well nearly, I did deviate once or twice,) and after an hour or so was back just above the amount of money I brought to the table.

Another half hour or so and I was down $9 overall and had to go out so I cut my losses and ran.

It just goes to show that in order to play decent poker then you have to play regularly or expect to struggle getting into the right frame of mind and allow time to find your feet again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?