Thursday, October 14, 2004

William Hill Poker Tournament - $10 No Limit

Decided that my first foray into the poker world since starting this blog would be at William Hill Poker which has long been a favourite of mine.

It runs the Cryptologic software which is nice looking and the sounds are great as well. The Cryptologic software is, in my opinion, the best software that gives a 'feel' like your actually sitting at the tables. The download was quick, only a few minutes, and easy to setup.

Anyway, back to the point. I decided that I'd enroll for a $10 poker tournament of No Limit Texas Hold Em.

There were 126 starting players giving a prize pot of $1260 for the top placings and I was holding my own for a long time and staying there or thereabouts for a while.

Then I got over-confident. A guy had just lost a huge hand and was left with $930. The next hand he went all in straight away. Everyone else folded but since he was playing loose, I decided he was just fed up and throwing his chips away. So I called leaving me with just $85 in my pocket.

Both our cards were shown as there could be no more betting - this guy had gone all in remember. He had a pair of 4's and I had Q, J suited. I preferred my cards over the low pair so long as another didn't appear. It didn't and the flop was 3, 6, 7, the turn was an 8. At this point I was waiting for a nice straight to appear for him but it didn't, another 6 did. Darn...

With $85 left I was out the next hand in 65th place. Not a good start for my blog I thought.....Oh well, always tomorrow.

If you get a chance, the William Hill Poker tables are definately worth a look though and have a great range of tournaments that start from only £2 buy-in. Texas Holdem and 7 Card Stud games are easy to find at all levels, day or night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?