Saturday, October 16, 2004

Poker 333 Sit and Go $10 Tournament

Been struggling for playing time lately but managed last night to have a quick game. Went into Piggs Peak Poker, see review below, and sat at one of the sit and go tables.

Sit and Go is basically a small tournament but rather than having a starting time, the number of players is limited so as soon as the seats are full, the tournament starts. I find them great when time is restricted, I can go sit at a table and even in a fairly long match, an hour sees it finished. Typically there are from 5 to 20 poker players in a game.

So I paid $2 and 50c for the buy in - the 50c is the poker rooms cut. There were 10 players playing and each started with a pretend $1000.

The match up was fairly even for the first 15 minutes and I was sitting in third place for $1380 chips. I was then sitting with pocket 10s and only myself and one other carried on to the flop. At this stage my pocket 10s were looking good with only one player so I matched his raise and the flop was dealt. This is where a smile appeared on my face, the cards were 10, 3 and 10 giving me four or a kind.

I checked the flop so as not to scare the other player off, then raised a few hundred on the turn. The other guy was looking at a flush so he was willing to take me on. I raised after the turn and he followed with me raising him again. He, of course, called and I was up to $4690 in chips.

Things were steady for a while after that with me holding onto a decent lead and a winning hand of pairs of Aces and Kings taking me up to $7000 with only 4 players left.

The other guy was picking up decent poker chips as well and after a while I was left with £6k and he had 4.

A quick succession of hands after that followed and it was fairly even for a while. No big mistakes were made by either player but eventually after perhaps 40 poker hands, I was knocked out leaving him the winner.

Not a bad result though and I was happy with my play, even with coming 2nd out of 10 as I'd played the cards correctly. I got $6 for winning so was happy enough. I do like these small cheap tournaments as I can play poker for as long as I want for little cost.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?